Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WAS GOOD WITH ENGLISH



               I have always, always hated English class. Every other subject I can enjoy the learning, lectures, and work; but with English class I just have trouble. I hate writing assignments and always having to change my writing style to the teacher's liking. One thing I do have to say is somewhat enjoyable about the whole writing process would have to be reading and understanding the assignment. Its when the teacher wants us to do all this extra stuff that is annoying. In addition to I would have to say writing openly about a easy topic is not as bad. What  I mean by that is that I do not have to worry about my grammar, structure, or anything. It is almost like these blogs, but growing up in VA my old English teachers would write a topic on the board and we would write about whatever comes to our mind about that topic. The only guideline would be the page length, which they always made them a half page long. This type of writing I liked because unlike essays, where they take so much time, effort, and stress. It was a stress reliever and the topics were fun to write about. 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you and your concerns with the writing process. just the other day I was telling a friend, it grinds my gears having to conform to what the professors prefer. Also free-writing is so much easier and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain on why you dislike
    English class. I sometimes do feel like we are to write specifically the way a teacher likes it to be and for me that makes it hard to express my thoughts as well. I enjoy free writing much much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can agree with you and on your way of thinking about how writing is. Writing depends on the work you're working on, but sometimes it really can be stressful like working on essays. Sometimes you need a break and get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I doesn't like writing assignments because I misunderstand topics, or I can not find a start. Sometimes, topics are too broad and I can't find out how to answer them. To me, reading and understand assignments are the hardest parts.

    ReplyDelete